Note: This posting has been filled.
Thank you to everyone who applied!
We’re searching for a highly detail-oriented Virtual Assistant. This person would provide support to the founders of both IntrovertDear.com and HighlySensitiveRefuge.com, working directly with founders Jenn Granneman and Andre Sólo.
- Must have experience as a Virtual Assistant
- Must bring a strong work ethic, clear communication, and a dedication to solving problems and making things happen error-free
- Freelance; hours may vary — approximately 10-15 hours a week on average
- Work from home/live anywhere in the world
- We want someone who will grow with us. For the right person, this role has the potential to add more hours as we expand as a business.
Someone We Can Trust
We created Introvert, Dear and Highly Sensitive Refuge with a mission: to help introverts and sensitive people. Both sites have grown tremendously, which is amazing! But, it means the number of tasks on Jenn and Andre’s plates have grown, too. Increasingly, we find ourselves with too many “day to day” tasks and surprise special projects. That means less time for us to focus on our writing, our audience, and growing the movement.
The Virtual Assistant’s role is to change that. Our assistant must bring a strong work ethic, clear communication, and a dedication to solving problems and making things happen error-free. This individual will take over many of our day-to-day tasks, and we need to know that these tasks can be done reliably and on-time.
Ultimately, the assistant we are looking for will be someone we can trust deeply: They are capable, professional, and dedicated.
What You’ll Do
This remote, contract position will include a wide range of tasks, including:
- Creating and following checklists to complete routine, recurring processes. This will include highly detail-oriented tasks that must be done a particular way.
- Reliably taking care of a wide variety of ongoing tasks, which may include:
- Social media campaigns
- Supporting our content team (editor, writers)
- Administrative tasks
- Creating images and graphics
- Acting as “customer service” (via email) for customers of our store (including processing returns, answer customer questions, tracking down lost packages, and communicating with our supplier).
- Taking care of one-off projects as they come up, sometimes figuring out the best way to tackle the project mostly on your own.
- Helping create processes and, in some cases, documenting them.
- Working closely to support the founders, which includes responsive communication and proactively updating them on progress.
- Examples of tasks may include:
- Helping the founders keep on top of email
- Helping create weekly newsletters and social media posts
- Helping with book giveaways and other promotions
- As necessary, tracking down information from affiliate partners, writers, and others we work with
- Occasionally scheduling interviews or appointments
Talents You Bring
- Previous experience as an assistant and have done similar tasks for other clients
- Highly detail-focused — you catch errors, and your own work is error-free
- Comfortable answering email on behalf of our sites
- Provides excellence customer service to store customers, solving their problems with care, and responding to them within 24 hours on weekdays
- Strong eye for design, knowing what works visually on social media
- Self-starter, able to solve problems on your own to complete tasks
- Organized, efficient, stays on top of schedules and project deliverables
- Comfortable with technology, able to explore and quickly grasp new platforms that you (or we!) haven’t used before
- Experience with Slack, Gmail, Google Docs/Sheets, Canva, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, CoSchedule, and Tailwind. Flodesk, Shopify and Printful experience a plus but not necessary!
- Track record of making life easier for overworked business owners
- Position type: Contractor (1099/freelance worker).
- Hours: This is a part-time, ongoing, long-term role. Variable hours; about 10-15 hours a week initially.
- Location: Work from home/remote. You can be located in any timezone, but ideally you’re in Central Time or within +3/-3 hours of Central Time.
- Communication: This position does require occasional video or phone meetings. Most daily communication is by Slack.
- Trial period: Our top candidate will be hired for a (paid) two-week trial period during which we will evaluate results
- Pay: Please specify your rate (per hour or package) in the application form.
- Bonus points if you live in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area and are available for occasional in-person meetings
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, please send an email to [@] and include the following information: why you are a good fit, how many years of experience you have as a VA, your strengths, and your MBTI personality type. Be aware that, while we read every application email, we cannot reply to everyone; we will only contact those candidates who we believe might be a fit and it may take us several weeks to do so. Please cc [@] on your email and use this exact subject line: I’d like to be your Virtual Assistant. And, this should go without saying in 2020, but we’re glad to say it anyway: we are an equal opportunity employer. We believe diversity makes us stronger, and we work to create an inclusive, diverse team as we grow. We do not discriminate on the basis of sex, gender, gender presentation, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, or any other protected status. We look forward to hearing from you!